Monday 18 October 2010

Michael Vincent Manalo - Full speed imagination





- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I'm a digital mixed media artist born in the Philippines on 1986 to parents who both have different blood lines: my father being having his roots from the US and my mother having her roots from Spain. I love life, art and especially music. I listen to a lot of music genres but what I'm mostly into is all kinds of Indie and rock music, I also like trip-hop, classical and sometimes New Age. However, I do not understand the mainstream Rhythm and Blues music.

- When did you discover your passion for photography?
I discovered my passion for photography when I was 21. Back then, I focused on creating music, mostly of the indie/twee pop genre and then one day my brother gave me a DSLR as a Christmas present and after that I went wild with the image capturing process!

- How do you create your works?
I create my works through manipulating and transforming the photos I take and then painting details, light and color on the manipulated image through my digital canvas. Basically, I try to merge scenes that I have captured through the lens and with the images I have captured within my head.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
My main sources of inspiration comes from the emotions that I feel, from those nostalgic feelings and memories I have within, and from the tales of human drama which I try to convey realistically or symbolically.

- What is art for you?
Art for me is something that could make me feel an emotion I have and may not have experienced in life.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Sono un artista che mixa media digitali, nato nelle Filippine nel 1986, da genitori che hanno entrambi differenti origini: mio padre originiario degli Stati Uniti, mia madre spanola. Mi piace la vita, l’arte e la musica, in particolare. Ascolto un sacco di generi musicali diversi, ma quello che preferisco è l’indie rock, apprezzo anche il trip-hop, la classica e a volte la New Age. Invece non mi piace molto il nuovo Rhythm and Blues.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per la fotografia?
Quando avevo 21 anni. Allora mi ero concentrato sulla composizione musicale, soprattutto indie/twee pop, poi mio fratello mi ha regalato una DSLR per Natale e così ho iniziato a scattare immagini.

- Come crei I tuoi lavori?
Attraverso la manipolazione e la trasformazione digitale delle foto che scatto e usando tecniche di dipinto, luce e colori sulla tela digitale. In poche parole cerco di fondere le immagini che ho scattato con quelle nella mia testa.

- Quali sono le tue fonti d’ispirazione?
Le emozioni, le sensazioni nostalgiche e I ricordi, e I drammi umani che cerco di rappresentare realisticamente o simbolicamente.

- Cos’è l’Arte per te?
L’Arte è qualcosa che mi può far provare un’emozione nuova che non ho provato nella vita.

For further information see also http://www.wix.com/theflickerees/michaelvmanalo.
All the images posted here are Michael Vincent Manalo’s works.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...