Wednesday 29 September 2010

Erik Otto - turning day dreams into colorful art




- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I am generally a positive guy but I often feel like I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders.

- When did you discover your passion for art?
At an early age I spent most of my time day dreaming. As I grew older, I realized the importance of these visions and dreams and promised myself to never abandon them. Today, I am simply learning the art of manifesting these visions into something real. With each work I create I learn something new as well as a deeper sense of why I do what I do. I don't think I will ever stop learning nor will I ever find the exact reason why I do what I do and that's the beauty of it all.

- How do you create your works?
I often enjoy the process more than the end product. I typically start with a simple idea that later becomes lost in the process then somehow resurfaces in the end meanwhile allowing the reclaimed materials at hand suggest the outcome.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
I am inspired by the struggle to find and maintain a source of life that is forever flowing.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Sono generalmente una persona positiva, ma ogni tanto mi sembra di portare il peso del mondo sulle spalle.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
Quando ero piccolo passavo la maggior parte del mio tempo a sognare. Quando sono cresciuto, ho capito l’importanza di queste “visioni” e sogni e ho promesso di non abbandonarli mai. Oggi, sto imparando l’arte di rappresentare i miei sogni e di renderli visibili a tutti. Per ogni lavoro che concludo imparo qualcosa di nuovo e prendo maggiore conoscenza del perchè sto facendo tutto ciò. Non penso che smetterò mai di apprendere o di trovare la ragione perchè faccio questo lavoro, è questo è il bello.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
Spesso mi piace di più il processo che il lavoro in sè. Di solito inizio da un’ idea semplice che di solito si perde nel processo e poi ricompare da qualche parte alla fine permettendo di capire come dovrà essere il lavoro finito.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Sono ispirato dalla battaglia per trovare una fonte di vita che scorra per sempre.

All the images posted here are Erik Otto’s works.
For further information see also http://www.erikotto.com/.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...