Wednesday 25 August 2010

Yoko D'Holbachie - Weird characters and puppets







- Can you tell us something about yourself? When did you discover your passion for art?
I have always wanted to be an artist since I was a child.

- How do you create your works?
I paint every art work in Oil paint or Acrylic paint.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
I had many invisible weird friends. I played with them by giving them feet, tongues and eyelashes, and adults around me thought it was creepy. I can depict them very simply and clearly now through my basic art techniques.

- What ais art for you?
It is a fragment of my soul I scraped away.Or innocent child. The child’s mind is neither always decent nor cute, but sometimes weird or grotesque, and the most beautiful.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te? Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
Ho sempre desiderato essere un artista fin da bambino.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
Dipingo ogni giorno con colori ad olio e acrilici.

-Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Avevo un sacco di amici invisibili e bizzarri e giocavo con loro, gli adulti attorno pensavano che fosse da brividi. Oggi posso dipingerli molto semplicemente e chiaramente con le mie tecniche artistiche.

- Cos’è l’arte per te?
È un frammento della mia anima che è stato graffiato via. O un bambino innocente. La mente dei bambini non è mai completamente “decente” o carina, ma a volte può essere bizzarra o grottesca e molto interessante.

For further information see also http://www.dholbachie.com/.
All the images posted here are Yoko D'Holbachie’s works.

    



         

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...