Monday 23 August 2010

Qendrim Hoti - It's a funny world





- Can you tell us something about yourself?
My name is Qendrim Hoti, I was born in Kosovo in 1990 but now I live in New York and I am starting my first semester at FIT for fine art.

- When did you discover your passion for art?
My passion for art started like a little candle flame and eventually grew bigger and bigger as I wanted to learn more. Ever since I was little I always liked to draw and create. It wasn't until high school that I got serious about painting and explored new horizons.

- How do you create your works?
The way my work is created is that randomly (usually late at night) an idea will pop into my head and I will write it down. I do this until I have a bunch of ideas grouped together and I pick my favorite one and then expand it. I then do a blueprint sketch that I apply to a prepared canvas. Then it's painting time!

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
Inspiration is funny because when you look for it, you won’t find it. It always manages to find you when you least expect it. I get inspired by things around me like people, animals, architecture, and also other artists' work. I enjoy the Hifructose magazines that come out four times a year.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Mi chiamo Qendrim Hoti, sono nato in Kosovo nel 1990 e oggi vivo a New York, dove sto per iniziare il mio primo semestre alla scuola d’arte FIT.

-Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
La mia passione per l’arte è iniziata come una piccolo fiamma di candela ed è cresciuta sempre di più. Fin da piccolo mi è sempre piaciuto disegnare e creare. Ma solo al liceo ho iniziato a dipingere seriamente e a esplorare nuovi orizzonti.

- Come crei I tuoi lavori?
La creazione di un lavoro inizia quando un’idea entra nella mia testa, di solito a notte tarda, e io la trascrivo. Continuo a farlo fino a quando non ho raggruppato un po’ di idée, poi scelgo la mia preferita e la sviluppo. Dopo di che faccio uno schizzo che serve da traccia e lo riporto su tela. Solo allora inizio a dipingere!

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
L’ispirazione è buffa, perchè quando la cerchi non arriva. Ti trova sempre quando meno te l’aspetti. Di solito sono ispirato dalle cose che mi circondano: persone, animali, architettura, lavoro degli altri artisti. Mi piace molto l’Hifructose magazine che esce 4 volte l’anno.

For further information see also http://www.qendrimhotiart.com/.
All the images posted here are Qendrim Hoti’s works.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...