Wednesday 11 August 2010

Erik Johansson - Walking through Wonderland






- Can you tell us something about yourself?
My name is Erik Johansson, I am a freelance photographer from Gothenburg, Sweden. I do both personal projects and commercial work, but the photos on my web site are all personal projects.

- When did you discover your passion for photography?
I got my first digital camera when I was 15, that is about 10 years ago. I have always been drawing as a way of expressing myself, but with the digital camera I started to modify the photos. It felt like a natural step for me but it was mostly basic stuff of my friends and family. That's how it all started.

- How do you create your works?
When I have come up with an idea the planing starts. Is this a good idea? Is it possible to realize? What do I need in terms of environment and people? This is actually the hardest part since the more you plan the better the end result will become. When I have found everything I need I take the photos I need and put it together in my computer. I have learned that ideas have to grow and take time, this process from idea to final result is usually between 1 week to several months.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
When it comes to personal projects I usually don't try to come up with ideas, they usually find me. I get inspired by things around me in my daily life and all kinds of things I see, I always try to make sketches of the ideas I get. Every new project is a new challenge and my goal is to realize them as realistic as possible.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Mi chiamo Erik Johansson, sono un fotografo freelance di Gothenburg, Svezia. Lavoro sia su commissione che a progetti personali, ma le foto che trovi sul mio sito sono tutti progetti personali.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per la fotografia?
Quando avevo 15 anni ho comprato la mia prima macchina digitale, circa 10 anni fa. Ho sempre disegnato, lo trovo un modo per esprimermi, ma con la macchina digitale ho iniziato a modificare le foto. Per me è stato un passo naturale, all’inizio erano cose semplici come i miei amici o la mia famiglia. Così è iniziato tutto.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
Quando mi viene un’ idea il piano ha inizio. È una buona idea? È realizzabile? Cosa mi serve in termini di persone e ambiente? Questa è la parte più difficile, perché più pianifico nel dettaglio migliore sarà il risultato finale. Quando ho trovato tutto quello di cui ho bisogno, allora metto tutto assieme nel computer. Ho imparato che le idee devono crescere con il tempo, questo processo che va dall’idea al risultato finale di solito prende da una settimana a molti mesi.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Di solito sono le idee a trovarmi non io a cercarle. Trovo ispirazione in molte cose che mi circondano: la vita quotidiana e cose che vedo. Cerco sempre di fare schizzi delle idee che ho. Ogni nuovo progetto è una nuova sfida e l’obiettivo e riuscire a realizzarlo nel modo più realistico possibile.

For further information see also http://www.alltelleringet.com/.
All the images posted here are Erik Johansson’s works.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...