Monday 19 July 2010

Mishu Vass - photography a lifetime obsession

Hi everyone! Today’s interview is to an artist from Romania, Maria-Mihaela Vass. For Copyright reasons I don’t post any images with the interview. As the artist kindly asked me I remind you to her web site to see all the artworks:-) (http://www.mishuvass.com/).

- Can you tell us something about yourself?
I'm a passionate, self taught amateur photographer (otherwise a copywriter and master of Comparative Literature), living in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.

-When did you discover your passion for photography?
By the age of 9 I got my Smena. In order to illustrate my poems I was writing back then, I’ve started to take pictures, and I never stopped. But the real creation began with a Sony Cybershot and PS, a few years ago, and developed into a lifetime obsession since I got my Nikon D40x, in 2006.

- How do you create your works?
I take pictures every day, then I select and sort them. Since I am traveling pretty much around the country, I try to present it to the world via my little project Romanian Space, that you can see on http://picasaweb.google.com/romanianspace.
But the main and major portfolio involves rather artworks (stories) than documentary shots, and this is I should be mentioned for; you can see them on http://www.mishuvass.com/works in the six big galleries: Life in Mono, Elkielands, People, Chromia, Oddities and Romania (selections). I'm spending a lot of time forging my chosen raw files into works of art; mainly, I use Photoshop in order to reveal their inner beauty and artistic potential.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
I find inspiration everywhere around me. There's always something to see... when you actually don't look closely.

Ciao a tutti! L’intervista di oggi è con Maria-Mihaela Vass, un’artista rumena. Per motivi di Copyright non ho potuto aggiungere alcuna imagine delle opera dell’artista, che gentilmente mi ha chiesto di indirizzarvi al suo sito per vedere le sue opere. :-) (http://www.mishuvass.com/).

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Sono un’appassionata di fotografia, ma anche una copywriter e ho un master in letteratura comparata. Vivo a Cluj-Napoca, Romania.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per la fotografia?
All’età di nove anni mi hanno regalato la mia prima macchina fotografica, Smena, per creare immagini per le poesie che scrivevo al tempo. Da allora ho iniziato a fare fotografie e non ho più smesso. Ma le mie prime vere creazioni sono iniziate con la Sony Cybershot qualche anno fa e si è poi trasformata in un’ossessione da quando ho comprato la Nikon D40x, nel 2006.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
Faccio fotografie tutti i giorni, dopo di che ne seleziono alcune. Siccome sto viaggiando abbastanza per la Romania cerco do presentare la mia nazione al mondo attraverso il mio piccolo progetto Romania Space che si può vedere qui (http://picasaweb.google.com/romanianspace). Ma il portfolio principale comprende soprattutto opera d’arte che fotografie documentaristiche, e si possono vedere qui (http://www.mishuvass.com/works) divise in 6 sesseioni: Life in Mono, Elkielands, People, Chromia, Oddities and Romania. Tanto tempo viene usato per “modellare” le foto grezze che ho scelto e trasformarle in opere d’arte; di solito uso photoshop per rivelare la bellezza racchiusa nella foto e il potenziale artistico.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Trovo ispirazione nelle cose che mi circondano. C’è sempre molto da vedere quando non guardi solamente ciò che ti sta accanto.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...