Wednesday 14 July 2010

Lina Maria Rincon - the power of aesthetics vs the rational





-Can you tell us something about yourself?
I am from Medellin, Colombia and I have been living between Colombia, Norway and Usa. I’m 33 years old and I’m married to a Norwegian.

- When did you discover your passion for art?
I don’t really have a passion for art, the art discourse now days makes to much emphasis in "the concept and the rational". I am interested in the power of aesthetics and believed that intuition is always ahead of words...the world become too small when it has to fit in a theory. I am passionate for painting, for beauty, for changes, for nature, for people...I am always impressed with the capacity of our minds and the amount of contradiction we deal with. Since I remember I have been making things... I began painting seriously 10 years ago.

- How do you create your works?
The explanation of the method is here (http://www.linamariarincon.com/index.php?/2010/statement/). The paintings begin with a series of visual elements that I want to put together...buildings, cartoons, plants...later I place everything inside a room and in photoshop I give coherence to all the elements, I create the basic composition. The elements are almost always, organic versus synthetic, man made.

- What are your main sources of inspirations?
People, Nature, Kawaii, geometry, buildings, design, other painters.

- Ci puoi raccontare qualcosa su di te?
Arrivo da Medellin, in Colombia e ho vissuto tra la Colombia, la Norvegia e gli Stati Uniti. Ho 33 anni e sono sposata con un Norvegese.

- Quando hai scoperto la tua passione per l’arte?
Non ho una passione vera per l’arte, il mondo dell’arte oggi pone troppa enfasi nel “concetto e nella razionalità”. Io sono interessata al potere dell’estetica e credo che l’intuizione venga sempre prima delle parole.... il mondo diventa troppo piccolo quando deve adattarsi a una teoria. Io ho la passione dei dipinti, per la bellezza, per i cambiamenti, per la natura, per le persone... rimango sempre impressionata dalle capacità della nostra mente e dalle contraddizioni con cui abbiamo a che fare. Da quanto mi ricordo ho sempre fatto cose.. ho iniziato a dipingere seriamente 10 anni fa.

- Come crei i tuoi lavori?
La spiegazione del metodo è qui (http://www.linamariarincon.com/index.php?/2010/statement/). Il dipinto inizia con una serie di elementi visuali che voglio mettere insieme... strutture, cartoni, piante.. più tardi metto tutto in una stanza e con photoshop dò coerenza a tutti gli elementi, creando così la composizione base. Gli elementi sono quasi sempre organici e sintetici, creati dal’uomo.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d’ispirazione?
Le persone, la natura, la geometria, i palazzi, il design e altri pittori.

For further information see also http://www.linamariarincon.com/.
All the images posted here are Lina Maria Rincon’s works.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...