Friday 4 June 2010

Danilo Martinis - Geometrical forms and human figures


SG1

Default

DS1

Ghost in the stripes shell

- Can you tell us something about you? How did you discover your passion for art?
My names is Danilo Martinis, I’m 34 years old, born and grew up in Brianza (near Milan, Italy). I started working as a designer in my father’s company, sofa producer. I’ve always had passion for art since I was a child, my grandfather was a painter and I admire his works, even if I’ve never know him.

- You have a very personal and unique style, can you explain us how did it bear?
At the beginning I used to paint to complete the objects that I created, with the same colours and shapes. Now the style is changed, I always start from human figure, sometimes I use models, others I invent poses and than I add the geometrical shapes that perfectly fit the paint.

- What are your main inspirations?
Architecture and design are the main, but also music books, film and photography. I think that everything surrounding can be a source of inspiration.

- What is the work you are more attached to? Why?
It is a difficult choice. As soon as I complete a paint I can’t appreciate it, I’m never satisfied of what I’ve done, but after a while I think that my favourite works are those with geometrical shapes.

- Puoi raccontarci qualcosa su di te? Com'è nata la tua passione per l'arte?
Mi Chiamo Danilo Martinis, trentaquattro anni, nato e cresciuto in Brianza. Ho iniziato come designer nell'azienda di mio padre, produttore di divani. La passione per l'arte l'ho sempre avuta, mio nonno era un pittore e, anche se non l'ho mai conosciuto, ho sempre ammirato le sue opere.

- I tuoi lavori sono contraddistinti da uno stile unico, puoi spiegarci come nasce?
Inizialmente dipingevo per completare gli oggetti che creavo, con gli stessi colori e forme. Adesso lo stile è cambiato, comincio sempre dalla figura umana, a volte con modelli,
altre inventandomi le pose e poi li suddivido con forme geometriche che si fondono con il resto del dipinto.

- Quali sono le tue principali fonti d'ispirazione?
L'architettura e il design sono le mie principali fonti di ispirazione poi anche la musica, libri, film, fotografia... Penso che tutto ciò che ci circonda possa essere fonte di ispirazione.

- Qual'è il lavoro a cui sei più affezionato? Perchè?
E' difficele scegliere, appena finisco un dipinto non riesco ad apprezzarlo, non sono mai soddisfatto di quello che ho fatto, ma con il tempo penso che i lavori meglio riusciti siano quelli con le figure geometriche.

For further information see also http://www.danilomartinis.com/
All the images posted here are by Danilo Martinis


Linked

Mao

Plaid

Sadness in square

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...